Connect a Second Hard Drive to a Desktop PC or Notebook Computer
If your notebook is running out of hard drive storage space or it is time to upgrade to a faster high performance hard drive or solid state drive, Accell's USB 3.0 to SATA adapter is the perfect solution. Enabling a USB 3.0 SuperSpeed connection to any 2.5" notebook hard drive or solid state drive, the Accell SATA adapter allows you to transfer data when upgrading your notebook's hard drive or connect to a second bare drive to easily backup your data.
USB 3.0 to 2.5" SATA Adapter
Providing a fast USB 3.0 connection to any 2.5" SATA hard drive or SSD (solid state drive), this adapter is fully backwards compatible with USB 2.0. The USB 3.0 to SATA adapter uses USB power to supply power to the SATA drive.
Setup is easy, there is no software to install.
- Connect the Black USB connector to the USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port on your computer. This connector is used for data transfer.
- Connect the Blue USB connector to any available USB port to supply power.
- Connect the SATA adapter to your 2.5" hard drive.
The USB 3.0 to 2.5" SATA Adapter Supports:
- USB 3.0 specification Rev. 1.0
- USB 2.0 specification Rev. 2.0
- USB Mass Storage Class specification Rev. 1.0
- Serial ATA Rev. 3.0 specification Gold Revision
- USB Mass Storage Class Bulk Only Transport (BOT)
- 5 Gbps SuperSpeed, 480Mbps Hi-Speed, and 12Mbps Full-Speed USB transfer rates
- SATA Hot Swap - Plug and Play-SATA host/device initiated power management
- 3.0 Gbps and 1.5 Gbps SATA transfer rates
- SATA 2.5" connection (to drive)
- USB 3.0 connection (data), 22" cable length
- USB 2.0 connection (for power), 22" cable length System
Note: Due to the 12v power requirement of larger SATA drives, this adapter does not support their use.
- Microsoft: Windows 7, Vista, XP and 2000
- Mac: OS 9.2 or later, OS X 10.2 or later
- Two available USB ports (one used for power)
Warranty: 2-Year Replacement
WARNING: This product may expose chemical such as Bisphenol A (BPA) that is known to the State of California to cause cancer or reproductive harm. For more information, please go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov